Stamford Pediatric Associates endorses and encourages the FDA-authorized Pfizer booster for 16 and 17 year olds six months after completion of their two-dose primary series. For more information about COVID 19 vaccinations click the link below.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices voted unanimously on November 2nd 2021 to recommend Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine for children as young as 5. The AAP is also recommending COVID-19 vaccination for all children and adolescents 5 years and older.
- Stamford Pediatric Associates fully endorses and encourages COVID vaccination for all children 5 years old or older.
- COVID vaccine side effects are similar in all age groups.
- Pfizer is the only approved vaccine for 5-12 year olds.
- Children will receive 1/3 of the adult dose with a booster 3 weeks later
- CDC guidelines now allow for concurrent administration of any and all vaccines.
- It is not necessary to adjust your Stamford Pediatrics appointment based on your COVID vaccine date.
- Your physician will address vaccine concerns and scheduling while you are in the office.
- After you have completed your COVID vaccines, please upload here or mail, drop off or fax a copy of your vaccine card to 203-969-1271.