Schedule a COVID-19 Vaccine for a Child
We have all the information you need to schedule your COVID vaccine for your child.
Myocarditis, Fertility Issues, and Long Term Vaccine Effects.
The vaccine experts at CHOP address your concerns
It’s understandable that some parents want more information before getting their young children vaccinated against COVID-19, so this month’s feature article aims to address three factors to assist parents’ decision-making.
COVID Vaccine Update For Patients 5 To 11 Years Old
The physicians of Stamford Pediatric Associates were thrilled to hear of the approval of COVID-19 vaccines for children 5 years and older. We are fully endorsing and recommending COVID-19 vaccination for all children 5 years and older.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices voted unanimously on November 2nd 2021 to recommend Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine for children as young as 5. The AAP is also recommending COVID-19 vaccination for all children and adolescents 5 years and older.
For More Information:
We have compiled a collection of helpful COVID information for you and your family to stay informed, including helpful articles to help manage COVID-related school related topics and current medical updates.
Connecticut Magazine's Top Doctors 2021
Congratulations to our wonderful doctors for making Connecticut Magazine's Top Doctors list for 2021.
Flu Clinics Are Available
Nurse-Only Flu Clinic dates are available through November.
All flu clinics will be held at the STAMFORD office. All flu clinic appointments are being scheduled through our Stamford office. Please call 203-324-4109 to schedule your child’s flu appointment.
No doctor will be available at the flu clinic.
The flu clinic is by APPOINTMENT ONLY. If your child or anyone in your household is sick the day of your appointment, please call to reschedule.
If your child is coming in for a check up soon, the flu vaccine will be given at that appointment.
Walk-in visits are still prohibited at all times
- To protect the health and safety of our patients and staff we cannot accommodate walk-ins at any time.
- This allows us to safely control the flow of patients in the office and avoid the use of waiting areas.
- This allows us adequate time to clean rooms and equipment between patient visits.
24-Hour COVID-19 Pediatric Hotline
Connecticut Children’s Medical Center offers a 24-hour COVID-19 hotline for parents and families:
- Operated by healthcare professionals
- Will provide answers to your questions about the pandemic and your children
FollowMyHealth™ Patient Portal
Stamford Pediatrics is excited to offer the FollowMyHealth™ patient portal.
The patient portal will allow you to:
- Send and receive non-urgent messages from your doctor
- View Quest lab results
- Request prescription refills
- Request appointments
Please choose the age group(s) that applies to your family. After signing up, Stamford Pediatrics will send you an invitation to register your children. The invitation will tell you how to register and gain access to your children’s records. The email comes from NoReply@FollowMyHealth.com in about 2 business days.
Mental Health and Parenting Resources
We have compiled a collection of helpful mental health and school related resources for your child or teen.
This new page includes helpful articles to help manage COVID-related stress and anxiety, school related topics, a variety of fun ideas for at-home activities and virtual learning resources.
- For the safety of our patients and staff, walk-in visits are still prohibited at all times.
- SPA has visits for sick patients in both office locations:
Sick visits will be seen during specific time blocks during the day and then starting late afternoon. We will continue to keep well and sick visits separated during different time periods.
How We Are Keeping You and Your Family Safe
- Sick visits will be seen during specific time blocks during the day and then starting late afternoon. We will continue to keep well and sick visits separated during different time periods.
- Well and sick children will NOT be scheduled at the same time.
- Offices will be deep cleaned each night.
- There are NO WALK INS at either location.
- Our sick visit hours, locations and availability will be reassessed on a regular basis to meet demand while keeping our patients and staff safe.
- If your child is ill, please call us for guidance.
- All caregivers and children above 3 years old must wear a mask or face covering when in the office.
- For the safety of our doctors, staff and patients, if you do not have a mask you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
Well Child Visits Continue for All Ages in Both Offices
- We will continue to keep well and sick visits separated during different time blocks. Both offices will be deep cleaned each night.
- We continue to do well child visits for patients of all ages at both offices.
Office Protocol to Keep You and Your Children Safe
- Exam rooms and all equipment are cleaned and sanitized between each visit.
- Patients go directly into rooms as much as possible. We are minimizing the use of waiting rooms in both locations.
- Parents and patients are screened before coming into our office for symptoms or exposure to COVID-19.
- If any parent or child does not feel well on the day of their check up appointment, they will be rescheduled.
- All staff are wearing masks and following health guidelines.
- We continue to offer telehealth for a variety of visits, such as some sick patients, behavioral issues and ADD rechecks.
Mental Health Concerns for You or Your Children?
Located in Stamford, CT and Darien, CT, Stamford Pediatrics has been helping patients since
We are very proud to be known for providing high quality care to our patients.
Stamford Pediatric Associates takes pride in keeping up with the latest medical information. All of our physicians attend a minimum of twenty-five hours of Continuing Medical Education yearly.
Whether you are new to the practice or we have been caring for your children for years, it is our pleasure and honor to care for your family.
Request a Checkup Appointment
You can request a checkup appointment online! We will contact you to confirm the time and date.
Appointments Confirmed by Text and Email
Our system at Stamford Pediatrics will send you text and/or email messages to remind you of your upcoming appointments so you don't miss one!
Our Baby Book
ABCs of newborn care, Office hours and policies, Important information you need to keep your new baby healthy!
Safe Sleeping Tips from the AAP
We all want our babies to sleep safely and soundly. We have some great tips for new moms and dads here!
Patient Centered Medical Home Recognized Practice
A Patient Centered Medical Home is a way for us to strengthen the physician-patient relationship by implementing an ongoing relationship for continuous, comprehensive care rather than episodic care.
Each patient establishes a relationship with their physician who acts as team leader. As your primary care provider we are most familiar with your child’s health. As the team leader, your child’s physician will be responsible for all health care needs and arranging for appropriate care with other qualified clinicians. Our intention is to provide more individualized, effective and efficient care.