Telemedicine Virtual Pediatric Appointment!
We are pleased to offer telemedicine virtual visits during regular office hours for sick patients during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Please continue to FIRST call the office if your child is ill.
A virtual visit will allow us to evaluate a patient who should not come to the office in person. This will depend on factors such as your child’s specific symptoms or known exposure to COVID-19.
Telemedicine will allow us as providers to discuss your child’s illness and give your child an interactive real time visual exam. This visit will be billed to your insurance provider. Our providers are allowed to submit these visits to insurance companies, however benefits and coverage vary by your individual plan.
You can schedule a virtual visit by calling our office. You will need to provide a cell phone number. A link will be sent by text which will direct you to our virtual waiting room. One of our Pediatricians will start your visit soon thereafter. When you sign in, please allow access to your microphone and camera so we can see and talk with you!
Prior to Your Appointment
- Try to have a flashlight or iPhone flashlight at hand
- Have a current temperature taken just prior to the telehealth visit
- Be prepared to undress your child as needed.
- If you have not had your child weighed recently in the office, try to get a weight as well.
- Please sign the consent form below
Pediatrics Telehealth Patient Consent Form
A Telehealth service means that my visit with my doctor at Stamford Pediatric Associates has determined that a telehealth visit is appropriate and will happen by using special audiovisual equipment. This consent is valid for six months for follow-up Telehealth services with the health care provider.
I also understand that:
- I can decline the Telehealth service at any time without affecting my right to future care or treatment, and any program benefits to which I would otherwise be entitled cannot be taken away.
- I may have to travel to see a health care practitioner in-person if I decline the Telehealth Service.
- If I decline the Telehealth service, the other options/alternatives available for me will be discussed.
- The same confidentially protections that apply to my other medical care also apply to the Telehealth service. Please note: during this time HIPPA regulations have been adjusted to allow communication flexibility for all types of patient care.
- I will have access to all medical information resulting from the Telehealth service as provided by law.
- The information from the Telehealth service (images that can be identified as mine or other medical information from the Telehealth service cannot be released to anyone else without my additional written consent.)
- I will be informed of all people who will be present at all sites during my Telehealth service.
- I agree to an “in-person” visit if the doctor decides it is necessary.
- The visit will be submitted to your insurance company for billing, similar to an office visit. If your insurance company does not cover the fee, you will be charged a $60 flat fee for our service. Effective June 1, there is no administrative fee.
- If you have State Issued Health Insurance, you will not be responsible for payment. You may still be responsible for your Husky Copay.
- Therefore, by signing this consent, I am giving permission to release information to my insurance company or third party payer.